Personal Data We Collect
Datary collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products and services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a Datary account, submit a search query to our Search Engine, upload a dataset to some of your repositories, or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our services and products by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We also obtain data from third parties (including other companies). For example, we supplement the data we collect by purchasing demographic data from other companies. We also use services from other companies to help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your location.
The data we collect depends on the services and features you use, and includes the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address,phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Device information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers). Datary may associate your device identifiers with your Datary Account.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies.We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Datary service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
How We Use Personal Data
Datary uses the data we collect to provide you the services we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalize your experiences. We also may use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, security updates and product information.
However, to enhance privacy, we have built in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations. For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated not signed in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email or address.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose service problems, repair customer's devices, and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product activation. We use data - including device and application type, location, and unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers - in order to activate software and devices that require activation.
- Service Improvement. We use data to continually improve our services, including adding new features or capabilities, such as using search queries and clicks in to improve the relevancy of the search results.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution. We use data to protect the security and safety of our services and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to confirm the validity of software licenses, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Our security features and services can disrupt the operation of malicious software and notify users if malicious software is found on their devices. Our communications and file syncing services systematically scan content in an automated manner to identify suspected spam, viruses, abusive actions, or URLs that have been flagged as fraud, phishing or malware links. We may block delivery of a communication or remove content if it violates our terms.
- Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect,make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
- Communications. We use data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by email or other means to inform you when a subscription is ending, let you know when security updates are available, remind you about items left in your online shopping cart, update you or inquire about a service or repair request, invite you to participate in a survey, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active.
How to Access And Control Your Personal Data
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information.
If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Exceptionally, we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
In addition, in the case that we link to other websites, we will be not responsible for the privacy policies on such other websites.
Compliance And Cooperation With Authorities
Changes To This Policy